These are the things I'm doing currently.
I'm a licensed veterinary technician. I provide advanced nursing care for dogs and cats in a general practice hospital. I work day-to-day in a clinical role and provide training and direction for lay staff.
Beyond veterinary medicine, my work interests include:
- making onboarding accommodating, smooth, and consistent for new team members
- making expectations explicit so people can do their work with clarity
- building a path for continued growth to keep talent in the field
- empowering team members to problem solve before escalating
- supporting people to let them do their best work
- understanding and supporting that team members have needs other than work
My fiancée and I are raising our three children, a fish, and sometimes a dog. She is working toward her Bachelor of Science in Nursing. I am focused on making sure they have what they need to learn and grow.
Do I want to tie github in here? depends, can I
npm i -D eleventy-plugin-github-stuff?
Animal Drug Data #
The eventual goal of this project is to be able to calculate doses of drugs based on patient size, desired dosing, and strength/dose information from verified government databases. The FDA has a nice JSON endpoint for human drugs, but for consistent complete access for animal products we're going with the DailyMed SPL system. Maybe if I find a good EU drug agency endpoint I could make that available too. The idea would be to enter patient signalment, a desired set of medications and doses, and present a list with instructions that a provider can verify, annotate, and present to the team to implement.
I like hexagons and I do doodles about them. Sometimes I post code about them on github